One size doesn't fit all which is why SMS provides security solutions that are right for your specific needs.
SMS works closely with you to help tailor our security offerings to best suit each of your commercial and residential applications. Our monitoring service allows us to support a robust set of security monitoring options:
Test Reporting: To ensure that your equipment is running properly, our monitoring system can track a test from the premise’s alarm panel on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly). If a test fails, we will immediately notify you, according to your instructions.
Open/Close Services: We log every opening (disarming) and closing (arming) to your business subscribers' account history log. You can access the log via regularly emailed reports. If you request Supervised O/C Services, we’ll notify the contact list if an opening or closing is missed or happens at irregular hours.
Environmental / Industrial Monitoring: SMS has developed a unique competency in monitoring temperature, water levels, boiler failure, refrigeration alarms and other environmental conditions.
Our Monitoring is UL Listed and NFPA-compliant for monitoring commercial fire protection systems including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and suppression systems. UL is the trusted resource across the globe for product safety certification and compliance solutions. The UL Certificate is proof that SMS listed alarm systems meet the stringent standards of UL.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education
Wireless monitoring offers greater protection and unlocks new service capabilities.
SMS supports all of the major GSM and CDMA, GPRS and long range wireless radio systems in the industry:
By using a wireless link to the monitoring center, you're protected in case of an intentional phone line cut, or a phone line or internet service outage. In addition, wireless connections let you install monitored security systems in places where it's impossible or too expensive to install a phone line or internet connection, such as a new construction site or a remote storage facility.
Internet monitoring is no longer the future; it is the present. Millions of businesses and homeowners have already moved their phone service from the legacy copper telephone network to VoIP over their broadband connections.
Affiliated Monitoring is at the forefront of Internet monitoring. We receive more Internet formats than any other monitoring center.
Using Internet connection can also improve your experience with other monitoring services we offer, including video monitoring, two-way voice, and remote web and mobile access. Let our dedicated team guide you through Internet monitoring's web of protocols, ports, and IP addresses.
These days, whether you are at work, home, or on the go, you are online. With remote access solutions, you can take advantage of constant connectivity to control the security system no matter where you are. With our service, you can view and manage the alarm system with any browser. For even more control, we work with third-party remote monitoring services including Alarm.com and Honeywell Total Connect.
Through these services, you can configure and monitor the systems, receive alerts and view the premises on a desktop or laptop computer, iPhone, Blackberry or other Smartphone.
A two-way voice monitoring system provides a great way to communicate with our monitoring associates. When an alarm is triggered, trained associates can immediately speak with you; there's no need to get to a home phone. A single unit can cover a house as large as 2500 square feet. You can add extension units for larger locations.
You will appreciate the benefits of a two-way voice system:
• Hands-free operation: You needn't be tethered to a phone to talk with the monitoring operator.
•Constant contact: The operator stays in constant voice contact with you until help arrives.
• Reduce false alarms: Alarm verification reduces false alarms, potentially saving you from costly fines. With two-way voice, the operator will request a special code to confirm that an authorized user set off the alarm. (If the operator hears noise or movement, the authorities will still be dispatched.)
• Intruder deterrent: If you report an intruder, the operator will attempt to scare them away, notifying them that the authorities have been dispatched.
• Reduce panic: In a panic situation, the operator passes on information that you hear to the police. The operator continues to listen until the police arrive.
• Fire safety: The operator will ask you to convey their location and pass the information on to the fire department. The operator will also advise you to stay beneath the smoke.
• Medical emergency: The operator can gather information about the condition and communicate it to paramedics.
• Dedicated Staff: Only operators with special training respond to two-way alarms. No privacy concerns: Two-way voice communications must be initiated by the subscriber. The monitoring center cannot eavesdrop.